Karen writes about life as a Quiltmaker in Austin, Texas; surviving in an empty nest, marriage, cooking, gardening and (did I say?) Quilting...

Saturday, December 14, 2013

On we Go....

A" fini"to my musings of the summer of 2013. My mother passed on to her next life on September 6, of 2013. She passed on in her sleep at her nursing home. I received the call (that no one wants) at about 2:30am that morning, a caring voice telling me that my mother had "passed"....

We gave her remains to burial at the Arlington National Veteran's cemetery... where Dad will follow when his time comes. Hopefully not too soon. He is recovering from loss, as well as any 83 year old can, after a 60 year relationship, here in Austin at our home. I am grateful of the time I have been given to spend with him here...

- I am ready to move on with MY life, and it's time to talk about the Quilts in my life.... maybe more about Dad soon...
- December, 14, 2013.

No comments: